MAE SAI, Thailand (AP) - A Thai provincial governor says all 12 boys and their coach have been found alive in the cave where they went missing over a week ago in northern Thailand.
Chiang Rai Gov. Narongsak Osatanakorn said late Monday that the 13 were being rescued.
He said, "We found them safe. But the operation isn't over."
The boys, aged 11 to 16, and their 25-year-old coach went missing when flooding trapped them after entering the Tham Luang Nang Non-cave in Chiang Rai province on June 23.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 12 Boys and Soccer Coach Found Alive after Going Missing in Thailand Cave
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- After daring rescue, entire Thai soccer team out of cave
- UPDATE:12 Year Old Missing at Risk Boy Found
- Boys may be taken out of Thai cave in stages
- Baby elephant rescued after tumbling into well in Thailand
- Missing Chico woman found dead
- Missing Redding Man Found Dead
- 14-Year-Old Boy Missing out of Redding
- 11-Year-Old Boy from Modoc Co. Found Safe After Going Missing