OROVILLE, Calif. - The El Medio Fire Department with the assistance of Cal Fire quickly tackled a 30-acre fire burning between Greenville Street and Lower Wyandotte and V-7 Roads Sunday afternoon.
According to Cal Fire PIO Rick Carhart, firefighters had to save the 10-12 homes that were threatened in the area before they could fight the fire.
The dry and windy conditions added to the growing fight of the fire that burned in a drainage.
No homes were damaged nor were there any people hurt, according to Carhart.
The cause is still under investigation.
- 30-Acre Fire Burns Near Oroville Homes
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Cal Fire: Debris Burning Blamed for ‘Oregon Fire’ near Oroville
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville
- Vacant home catches fire in South Oroville
- Fire nearly burns down Biggs home
- Fire Recovery meeting in Oroville
- Seeing Smoke Near Oroville Airport? Training Burns Continue Thru Wednesday