Here's a story about 70 years of love. A Chico couple is celebrating an incredible milestone among their loved ones.
Donald and Hazel McClaskey were sweethearts at Chico High School. They married on December 27, 1947.
Donald has worked for the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds, a gas station, the Chico Gleaners, and even the Chico Fire Department.
Donna Doss, one of the couple's daughters added, "He was a volunteer firefighter. It was fine. We would listen to that plethora going off at night, run to it, and see where the fire was.
"I always stayed with everything," Donald said. "You what? I always stayed with everything," he continued as Hazel laughed.
They say the secret to a long marriage is to simply try.
These love birds have had four children since marrying, and when asked how many grandchildren they had, they said they weren't sure, because there were so many.
- Chico couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- Chico Jamaican Restaurant Celebrates 7 Years in Business
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- Chico Couple Says Gang Members Regularly Threaten Them
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- 70 car pileup caught on camera
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October