A building that's been vacant for years on Cohasset and East Avenue is being torn down altogether this week.
The building was last occupied by a restaurant called Scrambles, but closed down years age as new businesses like Orange Theory and New Earth Market moved in.
According to the Chico City Building and Planning Department, there is a plan in the works to build a Chase Bank branch near that location, but not at that specific address.
City Manager Mark Orme says no application has been submitted for a new project yet.
As for the demolition? All of the work should be finished by this Friday.
- "Scrambles" building in shambles, demolition ongoing
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Demolition Begins This Week at the Chico Salvation Army Building
- Homeowners scramble to pre-pay property taxes
- The computer chip debacle: Businesses are scrambling
- White House scrambles to contain Porter fallout
- Search for Iran plane crash wreckage 'ongoing', state media says
- US scrambles to find unified message on North Korea
- JFK Airport scrambles to clean up after latest debacle
- JFK airport scrambles to clean up after latest debacle