Redding native Rita Clay was on vacation in Cancun Mexico when the unthinkable happened, she suffered a stroke after falling down and had to be transported to a local hospital. She is unable to speak or move anything but one hand. She can track with her eyes but that is about all. Since last week she has been in the hospital and is now all alone. Friends and family have been checking in but they don’t know when this crisis will be resolved.
Her travel insurance covered some of the expenses for her care but not all of them and to make matters worse the only way she can come back to the use is via a medical helicopter. According to the U.S. consulate in Mexico. “individuals with life-threatening emergencies or who wish to leave Mexico immediately and cannot travel on a commercial flight, transportation via air ambulance is a possibility…. prices for these flights are expensive.” which is why the consulate suggested a go fund me page to help pay for the expensive. Family members are currently trying to raise enough money to through go fund me to bring her back to the United States. If you wish to help out log on here for the story.
- Redding native suffers stroke while on vacation in Mexico. Family tries to raise money to get her home
- American family found dead in Mexico while on vacation
- Redding Businesses Suffer due to Carr Fire
- Hometown Heroes’ congratulates Oroville native
- Families Continue to be Separated Along the US-Mexico Border
- A new device can diagnose cases of severe stroke
- Depressed teen's guns didn't raise red flags for host family of Florida shooter
- Chili Cook-Off in Forest Ranch Raises Money for Veterans
- Local breweries collaborate to raise money for Carr Fire victims
- Quincy Native Signs with Four Year School