WILLOWICK, Ohio (AP) — An Ohio woman had given up hope of seeing her wedding dress again after a dry cleaner mix-up three decades ago until her daughter’s friend saw photos of the dress on Facebook.
Michelle Havrilla was nearly speechless after getting the dress back last week for the first time since her 1985 wedding.
Her dress was put in the wrong box by a now-defunct dry cleaner in Willowick and stored in another family’s attic.
The Akron Beacon Journal reports Ame Bartlebaugh found the dress on Feb. 4 when she went looking for her mother’s wedding dress.
She posted about the mix-up on Facebook, and Havrilla was reunited with the dress within a day.
Bartlebaugh hopes social media will help her find her mom’s dress before her own wedding next year.
- Wedding dress returned 32 years after dry cleaner mix-up
- Dry & warmer conditions return for your Tuesday
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Dry weather returns for your Tuseday, but won't last long
- Dry weather returning for the rest of your Monday
- Dry & cooler conditions return to Northern California today
- Dry to end 2017, rain returns early 2018
- Drying out today, but heavy showers return late week
- Mostly dry today, but heavy rain returns later this week
- British gymnast shows how he gets dressed