CAMANO ISLAND, Wash. (AP) - A Washington state sheriff says the body of a woman found near a gun- and ammo-filled bunker last weekend had been decapitated, and a man sought in the case is on the loose and possibly headed for California.
The Island County coroner identified the victim as 26-year-old Katherine Cunningham. Detectives found her body Saturday on an undeveloped parcel of land on Camano Island, north of Seattle.
Nearby, investigators discovered a bunker dug into a hillside containing supplies, guns and ammo.
Island County Sheriff Mark Brown said Wednesday that police are looking for 34-year-old Jacob Gonzales, whom he called a person of interest.
Police believe that Katherine Cunningham and Jacob Gonzales may have been living on the property.
Gonzales is believed to be armed and driving a green 1990 Mitsubishi Montero, with Washington license plate AYE2639.
- Sheriff: Person of Interest in Decapitation May Be Driving To California
- Missing woman found dead, son named "person of interest"
- CBS: Robert Wagner named 'person of interest' in death of Natalie Wood
- Small Business Administration Low-Interest Loans
- United Way of Northern California Kicks Off Winter Food Drive
- UPDATE: One person killed, Wrong Person Arrested in Redding Crash
- Federal Reserve Raises Key Interest Rate by a Quarter-Point
- Yuba County Sheriff’s investigating drive-by shooting that killed a 20-year-old Marysville man