INDIANA-- A student and a teacher are in the hospital after a shooting inside an Indiana Middle School. Hena Doba has more on the attack and the suspect who is now in custody.
Students ran to waiting busses to evacuate after police say a student opened fire inside a classroom at Noblesville West Middle School around 9am. Kaley Sweeney's sister was inside.
Kaley Sweeney said, "My Mom and I were both crying and freaking out hoping she was okay."
Police say an adult and another student were injured before the suspect was taken into custody
Kevin Jowitt, Noblesville Police Chief said, "A male student from the school was detained."
Students were bussed to the high school where parents, lined up for blocks, could pick up their children.
But the scare did not end there, in an email to parents the district said a new threat was made at the high school.
Mackenzie Buchanan, a high school student said, "We piled desks in front of the door, we were starting to get freaked out."
Austin Duncan, another high school student said, "I was terrified, I just wanted to get a hold of my mom."
Parents were then told they would be able to pick up their kids after that threat was cleared.
Tina Duncan, a parent said, "You can't believe it, this can't be happening."
One hundred State Troopers have been brought in to help local police, long with ATF and the FBI who are assisting with the investigation.
Both victims were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are unknown.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local, and national coverage.
- Student and Teacher in Hospital after Indiana School Shooting
- Hospitals Prepare for School Shootings
- Oroville Student Arrested After School Shooting Threat
- Former Chico High School teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- Student Sues Yuba City High Teacher, District
- Students Petition to Save Band Teacher's Job
- In wake of shooting Indiana high school spreads positivity
- Students get life-saving lesson after recent school shootings
- High School Student uses Rifle to Shoot Classmate
- School board considering firing teacher at Yuba City High School