Photo Gallery 2 Images
REDDING, Calif.-- Redding Police say the owner of the troubled Ponderosa Inn in Redding is facing charges of sexual assault.
Police say it stems from a May 29th incident, in which a woman reported being sexually batterd and assaulted by Gursahib Sekhon, 39 years old, of Redding. The victim said she was also threatened with a gun during the encounter.
Police say an arrest warrant was issued for Sekhon. The Redding Police Department Neighborhood Policing Unit was contacted, due to several previous investigations they have conducted on the Ponderosa Inn and Sekhon, and obtained a search warrant for several locations associated with Sekhon.
On Wednesday, the search warrants and arrest warrant were executed at the Ponderosa Inn. Sekhon was booked into the Shasta County Jail for Assault with a Deadly Weapon, False Imprisonment, Sexual Battery, Assault With the Intent to Commit Rape and Attempted Rape.
This is not the first time the business owner has had trouble with the law. Back in April, Sekhon faced several contempt charges from the Shasta County District Attorney's Office, stemming from failure to carry out requests to rid crime at his motel.
Stay with Action News Now for for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Owner of Ponderosa Inn in Redding Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Man who started Ponderosa Fire sentenced to 14 years
- Recovery workshop held for Ponderosa and Wall fire victims
- K-9 Jax apprehends sexual assault suspect in Redding
- Red Bluff man arrested for 10 year sexual assault with juvenile
- Yuba City Man Arrested for Alleged Sexual Assault
- Yuba City man arrested for sexually assaulting a minor
- Redding Police say suspect assaulted officers, K9 during arrest