UPDATE 6/19/18 - Redding authorities have positively identified a decomposed body found near Churn Creek Road Sunday.
The Redding Police Department said the body is that of Robert Miller, 35, of Redding.
UPDATE - Action News Now has learned the possible identity of a badly decomposed body found Sunday night.
The body was found just west of Enterprise Park near Churn Creek.
Family members say they believe the body to be 35-year-old Robert Miller who has been missing since June 4, 2018.
They say Miller suffered from depression and lived on the streets.
But he still checked in with them on a regular basis.
“He's always out and about in town, but we know he calls," cousin Vanessa Morgan said. "He always calls his mom, tells his mom he loves her, things like that. And he hadn't called in a while so we reported him missing. And they called us and let us know that that's who they thought that who it was. And we were just devastated about it."
The identity of the body won't be confirmed until the autopsy is completed by the Shasta County Coroner sometime this week.
But Morgan said, police are fairly certain the body found last night was Miller.
An investigator said they don't believe foul play was involved, but they are exploring all possibilities at this time.
REDDING, Calif. - Redding Police are investigating the discovery of a decomposed body in Churn Creek, west of Enterprise Park Monday.
The grim discovery was reported Sunday, police are not saying whether it was a man or woman, or whether foul play was involved.
This is a developing story check back for updates.
- RPD: Decomposed Body ID'd as Missing Redding Man
- “Severely decomposed” body found in Humboldt Co.
- Man Arrested For Brandishing Loaded Gun at Someone: RPD
- Missing Redding Man Found Dead
- RPD: Man hits deputy car, while impaired by alcohol and drugs
- Man on dialysis missing in Redding
- Update: Redding Police find missing man safe
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- 2 Colorado soldiers ID'd as victims of California crash
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff