The Anderson Police Department is looking for a man they said caused thousands of dollars in damage to more than a dozen cars on one city street.
Thirteen residents in the neighborhood off Bruce Street and Pinon Avenue woke up Sunday morning to find the windshields smashed on their cars.
At least one neighbor was able to capture surveillance video, which police are in the process of obtaining.
But Sergeant Tyler Finch said they were able to come up with a description of the suspect.
“A white male, approximately 5'10" to 6' tall,” he said. “Looked rather heavy set with a rather noticeable large stomach. At the time, he was wearing a dark hat ,dark t-shirt, dark pants and had on a backpack.”
Police said the man caused about $5,000 dollars in damage.
And even though each individual incident is considered a misdemeanor, they hope to gather enough evidence to file felony charges.
Anyone with information or video of the incident, should contact the Anderson Police Department.
- Anderson police looking for man who vandalized more than a dozen cars over the weekend
- Man allegedly vandalized 29 cars on Tuesday
- Impressive K-9 from Anderson Police
- Man apologizes for vandalizing iconic natural arch
- Rude slurs carved into vandalized Ocean Beach car
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Dozens without power after car crash into pole
- Anderson police conduct monthly neighborhood enforcement operation
- Anderson Police putting out scam alert
- Anderson Police Searching for Wanted Felon