As the owner of Briggs Car Care Center in Oroville, it's safe to say Vic Briggs is customer friendly.
"That's the best part of any business, if you don't like people you shouldn't be in business," said Briggs.
And on that note, Vic's business has been around for 32 years and his reputation as a people person comes not only from his friendly demeanor, but also from the work he does to help the less fortunate in the community. For example; he has spent over two decades on the Salvation Army Advisory Board.
"One of the things that Vic is very good at is recruiting people for our board and getting more people of the community involved with us, and that's a total asset that we very much appreciate," said Major Larry Feist of the Salvation Army of Oroville.
Therefore it's no surprise the Oroville Salvation Army nominated Vic to be recognized for his acts of human kindness.
Once again this holiday season his shop is a food donation drop off point and also features a Salvation Army Angel Tree where customers and employees can see that Christmas gift wishes are met for underprivileged children.
"It's really neat and it's fun to do," said Briggs. There's a lot of kids who are really in need and they wouldn't have things if we didn't do it. The generosity of the people of the community is overwhelming sometimes."
And it's also really neat to see a businessman who makes it his business to not forget who keeps him in business.
"You know the community supports you and I think it's important for businesses to support their community. It's a two-way street and it's a lot of fun," said Briggs.
- Auto Repair Shop Owner Devoted to Community
- Shooting at auto repair shop leaves 3 dead
- Car catches fire, injures worker at local auto repair shop
- Spillway Repair Funding in Question
- Three arrests in Redding auto-theft sting
- Roadway repairs scheduled on Vallombrosa Avenue
- Elgin Street residents take on road repairs
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Repairs Underway on Broken Train Trestle