The Bank of the West in Paradise is just a shell this evening.
Fire ripped through the bank yesterday leaving many customers today questioning, where's their cash?
We have been able to confirm with Calfire that the only thing to withstand the fire was the exterior brick walls and the vault holding all the money.
While we still have many questions, however, today we did receive a statement from Anita Fox, the spokesperson for the bank.
It read in part quote, we are thankful that no team members or customers were injured and we are working tirelessly to resume operations in the area as soon as possible.
The building on Clark Road is now completely boarded up and security was hired to guard the cash and valuables 24 hours a day.
We are still working to learn how much money was at risk and what was in the bank's safety box, and what exactly is going to happen for customers who had valuables inside the bank at the time of the fire.
She said customers with questions about their accounts can contact customer service.
As for the cause of the fire, Calfire said that it remains under investigation.
- Vault survives Paradise bank fire
- Bank of the West setting up temporary bank in Paradise
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained
- Paradise gets a new fire engine
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- Cal fire knocks out Paradise mobile home fire
- Bank of the West in Paradise fully-involved in flames, Clark Road closed