MAE SAI, Thailand (AP) - The Thai official overseeing the rescue operation of a soccer team trapped in a flooded cave says the boys and their coach may not all be extracted at the same time depending on their health.
Chiang Rai provincial Gov. Narongsak Osatanakorn said Wednesday that "all 13 may not come out at the same time. If the condition is right and if that person is ready 100 percent, he can come out."
He said authorities will evaluate their readiness each day and if there is any risk will not proceed.
He said the team is currently recuperating.
Authorities are still determining the best way to get the team out of the cave, options that include diving.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Boys may be taken out of Thai cave in stages
- After daring rescue, entire Thai soccer team out of cave
- FL students stage school walkouts
- 12 Boys and Soccer Coach Found Alive after Going Missing in Thailand Cave
- Local teen rock band playing big stages
- Young Dancers Take the Stage at Redding
- Highway 70 to be a stage for safety enforcement
- Riders kick start cycling season with 'Chico Stage Race'
- Keeping Dance Alive Returns to the Stage in Chico
- Study: Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients Can Possibly Skip Chemotherapy