Photo Gallery 3 Images
Cal Fire and California Highway Patrol Officers arrived on scene just before 6:30 a.m. Thursday on Durham Dayton Highway and Van Ness Way.
CHP Officer Nicholas Powell says the driver was heading into Durham when he crashed into the tree.
The driver had to be extricated from the vehicle and taken to the hospital.
This is a reminder to all, to extra be careful while traveling on slick roads.
"The roads are a little bit wet so that can be a factor, but it was significant enough to cause significant injury and damage to the vehicle. It is very important when you are traveling in these inclement weather conditions to slow down and get to where you're going safely," said Powell.
Officer Powell says the skid marks on the road lead him to believe the man may have swerved, tried to over correct, but instead crashed into the tree.
The name and condition of the driver have not been released yet.
- CHP: Slick roads may have caused vehicle vs. tree crash in Durham
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Vehicle pursuit ends in single-vehicle rollover near Durham
- Cat stuck in tree for 5 days in Durham
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Solo Crash Leaves Durham Man Hospitalized
- CHP warns drivers after crash in Paradise
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- CHP looking for vehicle involved in deadly hit and run
- CHP: Fatal Accident South of Gridley, Vehicle in Ditch