The Chico City Council is set to confirm the city's new fire chief this week.
Steven Standridge comes from south metro fire rescue in Colorado where he served as emergency manager and special operations bureau chief.
He has a doctorate degree in fire and emergency management from Oklahoma State University.
The city has appointed Standridge to take over the role currently held by interim chief Aaron Lowe.
Lowe has run the department since august when former chief Bill Hack left the department to take over as chief in Rocklin and Lincoln fire departments.
The incoming chief will have a salary of 150 thousand dollars.
We'll have an exclusive interview with the new chief in the coming week.
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Man Arrested in Chico City Council Meeting
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- Chico City Council approves mobile crisis team
- Chico City Council Addresses Hot Topics
- City of Marysville Announces New Fire Chief
- Chico City Council approves concept to relocate Jesus Center
- Petition created to overturn Chico City Council marijuana ordinance
- Chico City Council moves forward with proposed development impact fees