Chico, Calif. -- For the first time ever, Chico High School had its graduation ceremony at the brand new Chico High Stadium on Thursday evening.
Hundreds of family members and friends watched their graduates receive their diplomas.
There are 461 graduates in the class of 2018.
The ceremony opened with an international greeting from Chico High's international students.
Graduating senior, Jacob Inman, made a speech about how Chico High made him feel like he belonged as a student.
Action News Now asked two graduates what they thought about the big day.
"Happy to be able to do that. I feel like I'm in High School Musical. I'm very happy and glad that I can make that," said Sybilline Carlot, a graduating senior.
"I'm really sad, but I'm also really happy to graduate, go to college and have a fun time and I will miss Chico High for sure though," said Julian David Salberg, a graduating senior.
Construction for the $5 million Chico High Stadium began last March. The stadium project includes new lighting, a scoreboard and flagpole.
FOLLOW LAURA ENG ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Chico High Seniors Graduate in New Stadium
- CHICO HIGH AND P.V. HIGH GRADUATION CEREMONIES TONIGHT
- Chico State Graduation to Impact Downtown Traffic
- Local High School Stadium Could be Getting a Major Makeover
- US Bank Stadium releases Superbowl LII menu
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Chico Police: NO Threat to Chico High School
- Chico High reacts to Almond Bowl victory
- Chromebooks for High School Students in Chico
- Businesses Prepare for Graduation Weekend