UPDATE 5:11 p.m. Tuesday August 21, 2018 - The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that this case is directly related to a news release sent out by the sheriff's office on August 14 regarding two suspicious deaths.
The release states that deputies were dispatched to assist with a vehicle on fire on Briceland Road near the Ettersburg Junction.
Fire personnel informed deputies that when they were extinguishing the fire they located two decedents inside the vehicle.
Autopsies are being scheduled for both of the victims. Stay tuned for more updates.
HUMBOLDT, Calif. - A Chico man has been arrested in connection to two suspicious deaths in the Ettersburg Junction area of Humboldt.
Ulisses Rodriguez, 24, of Chico, was detained by the Chico Police department on August 20 at around 7:25 a.m. following a traffic stop near the intersection of Esplanade and East Eaton Road in Chico.
The two victims, 31-year-old female and 32-year-old male, have yet to be identified.
Rodriguez was arrested and booked into Butte county Jail on a no bail warrant for two counts of homicide, criminal threats and exhibiting a firearm, in connection to the Humboldt county deaths.
Rodriguez will be transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility for prosecution.
Stay tuned for more updates. This is a developing story.
- Chico Man Arrested in Connection with Humboldt Deaths
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Man Arrested in Connection to Klamathon Fire
- Chico City Council to Discuss Humboldt Road Safety
- Bay Area Men Arrested In Connection with Chico Shooting Sunday
- Chico Police Officer Has Swiss Connection