CHICO, Calif. - A woman is recovering Saturday morning after allegedly being set on fire at the Chico neighborhood of the Avenues Friday night, said Chico police.
According to Chico police, officers got a call just after 8 p.m. about a man that had set a woman on fire at the 2000 block of Laburnum Ave, where they found a woman burning around the stomach and her hands, feet.
An investigation found that the victim and her husband got into an argument, and in anger, the husband poured gasoline on her and then set her on fire.
The unidentified woman suffered second-degree burns to her chest and arms, while the suspect fled on foot to an unknown location, said Chico police.
Chico police say they arrested Steve Ramirez, 36, of Chico at the intersection of Cohasset Road and Esplanade, as the suspect.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital for medical attention, no update on her condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
Chico, Calif.--Just after 8 p.m. Friday evening, Chico Police responded to a woman being set on fire that took place off Laburnum Avenue and 10th Avenue.
Sgt. Omar Peña says she suffered from severe burns. She is responsive and is expected to recover.
Police are not releasing her identity and have not made any arrests. They do believe it is domestic related.
- Chico PD: Suspect Who Set Wife on Fire Caught
- Chico PD shuts down streets while looking for suspect
- Chico PD adds traffic patrol unit
- Chico PD: Shoplifting Prevention Program is Successful
- UPDATE: Chico man hits wife with car
- Car theft caught on camera in Chico
- Butte Co. & Chico PD partner to address mental health & policing
- Chico PD Employees to Pay More into Own Pensions
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Sought by Redding PD, Reward Offered
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD