Chico, Calif. - Chico Police arrested a transient Thursday after police dispatchers received a number of reports of a man walking inthe road, approaching vehicles and stopping traffic in the area of West 8th Street and Main Street.
Witnesses say the man, later identified by police as Joshua Allen, 20, walked into a business in the 800 block of Main Street with his pants down around his ankles and grabbed an 11-year old girl around her waist and appeared to kiss her on the cheek. One witness confronted him and police say Allen fled. The witness followed him and called police.
Police caught up to Allen and after a brief struggle he was arrested. Noone was injured in the incident.
Chico Police say the 11-year old girl did not know Allen. Allen was arrested on several charges, including lewd act with a child, resisting arrest, false imprisonment and violation of probation.
Allen is currently on probation out of Shasta County for a prior burglary conviction.
- Chico Transient Arrested for Lewd Act with a Child
- Chico Transient Arrested for Burglary
- Chico Police: Transient grabbed Chapmantown Child's Arm
- Man Arrested for Lewd Acts Near School Children
- Transient Squatter Arrested at Millers Mansion
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Flournoy man arrested for Child Pornography
- Twins, California coaches arrested for child pornography
- Chico minor recovered in major FBI child trafficking bust