UPDATE: 5/23/2018 9:58 a.m.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.—The controlled burn has been postponed due to weather.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.—Cal Fire Butte County Fire Department will be conducting a 15-acre controlled burn on Wednesday May 23rd at the Cal Fire Butte Fire Center facility in Magalia.
The controlled burn will begin at 10 a.m. and last most of the day.
The controlled burn will provide training and reduce hazardous vegetation to maintain a shaded-fuel break around the facility.
Reducing forest fuels during the spring months will lessen the impacts of wildfires occurring during periods of high fire danger.
Smoke from the controlled burn will be highly visible in northern Butte County.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia Postponed
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia: Cancelled
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Controlled burn scheduled in Butte County
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- House Destroyed and Man Burned During Magalia Fire
- Control Burn at Stumps Field
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Traffic Controls Scheduled Through Chico State
- Control Burn in the Thermalito Area