Butte County, Calif.--There's an increased risk for fires with these high temperatures, and Cal Fire wants to make sure Butte County residents are prepared for the worst case scenario.
The new zones only apply to those who live within an evacuation area already including Paradise and the Upper Ridge, as well as east Oroville. To help those residents, a website has been launched.
If you live in Paradise, you can go to www.townofparadise.com/findmyzone and type in your address at the top left to get your specific evacuation plans.
If you live elsewhere in Butte County and already live in an evacuation zone, you can go to www.ButteCounty.net/oem and on the right hand side under the exclamation, you want to click on “find your zone.”
Once you do that it'll open a new window where you will type in your address to receive the new evacuation plans.
If you live in east Oroville, Cherokee, Palermo and Bangor, you will receive a copy of the evacuation plan in the mail within the next few days.
The county and Cal Fire wants residents to know that even though the evacuation plans are going to be dated either June 2017 or a November 2017 date, those are still the most current versions.
- County, Cal Fire Release New Evacuation Plans
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Urges Wildfire Preparedness
- Cal Fire Butte County on Thomas Fire efforts
- CAL FIRE: Fire safety tips for Thanksgiving
- CAL FIRE responds to Richardson Fire
- Cal Fire Working to Detect Lighting Fires
- Cal Fire Butte County Trains Last Group of Seasonal Firefighters
- CAL FIRE ‘Fill the Boot’ in Magalia
- PG&E Responds to Cal Fire Allegations