Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: 6/5/2018 7:55 p.m.
SHASTA LAKE CITY, Calif.—The name of the woman struck and killed at an ATM machine in the City of Shasta Lake was released Tuesday.
The coroner’s office identified her as 79 year old Bonnie Lou Tibbitts of the City of Shasta Lake.
Authorities from the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office say a 58 year old Redding woman told them she accidentally hit the gas when trying to park her truck outside the Tri Counties Bank Friday morning.
Tibbits was taken to a Redding hospital where she died.
The investigation in ongoing at this time.
SHASTA LAKE CITY, Calif.—Deputies from the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Shasta Lake City Division were dispatched to Tri Counties Bank on Shasta Dam Boulevard for a car that struck the building around 11 a.m. Friday morning.
When deputies arrived they contacted the driver of the car and learned that a pedestrian was hit as well.
The driver was identified as Deborah Beaupre, 58 years old of Redding.
Medical personnel arrived on scene and transported the pedestrian to Mercy Medical Center where she later died as a result of the collision.
The pedestrians name is not being released at this time, pending family notification.
During the investigation deputies learned that Beaupre was parking her car into a parking stall.
Beaupre accidentally accelerated, and then struck the walk up ATM on the east side of the bank.
Drugs and alcohol do not appear to be the cause of the accident.
The collision caused damage to the east side of Tri Counties Bank building.
The bank is still open and is requesting customers to use the entrance on the west side of the building.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and the Sheriff’s Office is requesting any witnesses who saw the collision to contact them at 245-6540.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- UPDATE: Woman Identified in Crash at ATM Machine in Shasta Lake City
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- Sacramento Airport will Have No ATM Machines Until June 1st
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Person Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Shasta Lake
- MISSING WOMAN FOUND: At Risk Shasta Lake Woman Found Safe
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- City of Shasta Lake is Getting More Sidewalks
- Firefighters Responding to House Fire in City of Shasta Lake