(WHO) - Rick Dunn won the Republican primary for Iowa's Hardin County Attorney on Tuesday but his name won't appear on the general election ballot. Dunn passed away a month ago.
Dunn served as Hardin County Attorney for 16 years before losing a fight with cancer in late April.
"He was Mr. Eldora for many of us because he was involved in so many things in the community," county auditor Jessica Lara said.
Dunn's friends describe Mr. Eldora as fearless.
"He is the only individual I know that caught a python in Eldora, he was 14 coming home from football practice," longtime friend Tim Hoy said.
"It was too late in the process to have his name removed with the code and the laws that we have we knew going into this that he would be pronounced the winner," Lara said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2xWN6gw
- Dead Republican Candidate Wins Iowa Primary Election
- California Primary Election Results
- Preparations Underway for Primary Elections
- California June 5th Primary Election Links
- State Ballot Measure Results - California Primary Elections
- Butte & Glenn County Primary Election Results
- Leading Butte County Candidates React to June Primary 2018 Results
- June Primary Election 2018: What You Should Know
- Butte County Looking for Poll Workers for the Primary Election
- Polls Now Open Across California for the Primary Election