Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE 7/20 7 a.m. - The Simmons Fire is now 85% contained, and the revised acreage is 43.
UPDATE 3:30 p.m. Thursday 7-19-2018 - Caltrans is providing one way traffic control on Highway 162 near Berry Creek due to the Simmons Fire. Action News Now reporter Laura Eng is on scene, and will have a live report at the top of the 4:00 p.m. newscast.
UPDATE 2:23 p.m. Thursday 7-19-2018 - Fire is at 60 acres, 10% contained.
UPDATE 2:03 p.m. Thursday 7-19-2018 - Forward progress of the fire has been stopped. Evacuations orders and warnings are still in place.
UPDATE 1:44 p.m. Thursday 7-19-2018 - According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, road closures have been established at Loafer Creek and Hwy 162, and at Hwy 162 and Simmons Rd.
UPDATE 1:30 p.m. Thursday 7-19-2018 - Released by the Butte County Sheriff's Office - Evacuation Order for Simmons Fire burning near Berry Creek: Simmons Rd. from Hwy 162 to Mayberry Rd. including all connecting roads. Evacuation Warning: Simmons Rd. from Mayberry Rd. to Big Ridge Rd. and all connecting roads.
BERRY CREEK, CALIF. - UPDATE 1:15 P.M.
The Simmons Fire is now at 50 acres, with no immediate threat to structures. However Evacuations are in effect for Simmons Road and all side streets, and Highway 162 is closed. Nine air tankers are working the fire right now.
BERRY CREEK, Calif. - CAL FIRE is responding to a wildfire in Berry Creek that is burning along Highway 162. It is burning near Simmons Road.
- NOW WITH VIDEO: Simmons Fire Burned in Berry Creek Area Now 85 Percent Contained
- Creek Fire in Shasta County: 100 Percent Contained
- 40 Acre Fire west of Lake Oroville 85% Contained
- Containment reaches 91 percent around huge California fire
- Whaleback Fire is 100 Percent Contained, Some Campgrounds Are Reopened
- Sutter County Fire Which Burned 1,000+ Acres Nearly Contained
- UPDATED: CAL FIRE Butte Unit Responds to Saturday Fires in Yankee Hill, Cherokee, Berry Creek and Yuba Co.
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained