CHICO, Calif. - A mother and son are recovering after a tree limb fell on top of their car while parked near One-Mile Recreational Park on Saturday afternoon.
According to the Chico Police Department, a woman and child were inside a blue Toyota Rav 4 when a tree branch suddenly fell on top of their vehicle, causing them to be briefly trapped inside.
Authorities were able to safely remove the two and both of them had only minor injuries.
Their car was heavily damaged as well as the adjacent car, a black Volkswagen, driven by a man that was arrested in an unrelated incident before the tree branch fell.
Law enforcement said the tree limb appeared to be 2 to 3 feet long and that city tree management services safely removed the tree limb from the area.
- Fallen Tree Limb at One Mile Park in Chico Leaves 2 People with Minor Injuries, Damages 2 Cars
- Fallen tree causes power outage in Redding
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico
- Chico man charged with sextrafficking a minor
- Chico honors fallen officer after 80 years
- Holiday crowds jam Joshua Tree National Park
- 2 car crash on Interstate 5 near Willows leaves 1 with moderate injuries
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight
- Trampoline Park opens in Chico
- Redding Woman Dead After Car Hits Tree