Photo Gallery 2 Images
CHICO, Calif.—Chico Police Officers responded to a party where a noise complaint had been called in on June 9th on the 500 block of West 11th Street.
While officers were dealing with the noise complaint an officer witnessed a subject at the party in possession of a handgun.
The person was detained and provided a false name and date of birth.
The man was arrested for a weapons violation and for providing false information to a peace officer.
Ultimately the man was identified as Eric Cervantes, 19 years old.
A further check of Cervantes found that he was a convicted felon banned from possessing firearms.
Cervantes was charged with this violation as well.
During the call six other people were arrested for various warrants, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and minors in possession of alcohol.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Felon Arrested with Handgun After Noise Complaint at Party
- Orland shelter faces noise complaint from neighbor
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- UPDATE: 84-year-old woman out of jail after being arrested for firing a gun over complaint of noise in Anderson
- Man Threatens Roommates with Gun over Complaint of Noise: Chico PD
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Glenn County Sheriff Arrests Drug Felon
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm