POSTED 5:43 p.m. Saturday, June 30, 2018 - The Guinda Fire is now called the County Fire. There are evacuations and road closures, including state highways.
According to the Caltrans, in Colusa county, Hwy 20 is closed 19 miles west of Interstate 5 due to fire. This is near Wilbur Springs. There is no estimated time of opening. A detour is not provided.
County Fire formally Guinda Fire Incident Information:
Last Updated: June 30, 2018 5:18 pm
Date/Time Started: June 30, 2018 2:12 pm
Administrative Unit: CAL FIRE Sanoma- Lake Napa Unit
County: Yolo County
Location: County Road 63 and Highway 16, Rumsey Canyon
Acres Burned: 1000 acres, zero containment
Evacuations: Mandatory evacuations for County Rd 63 to County Rd 76, West of Highway 16 and the Murphy Ranch area.
Evacuation center at Rumsey Grange Hall.
Total Fire Engines: 38
Total Fire Crews: 10
Total Helicopters: 12
Total Dozers: 7
Total Water Tenders: 8
Conditions: Firefighters are at scene of a wildland fire near the community of Guinda. Fire is being driven by red flag weather conditions consisting of high temperatures, gusty winds and low humidities. Additional resources are on order and en route to the County Incident. Mandatory evacuations are in place.
- County Fire/Guinda Fire Causing Evacs and Road Closures on Hwys 16/20
- STONEY FIRE - NOW WITH VIDEOS - Hwy 32 Open, Evacs lifted
- Rolling Hills Casino Opens Animal Evac Shelter
- Stoney Fire Still Causing Closures in Chico's Bidwell Park
- 400-Acre Fire Rips Through Butte County Farmland near Hwy 99
- Town of Paradise road closure
- Cal Fire: ‘County Fire’ Caused by Electric Livestock Fence
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Cow Causes Major Interstate Closure in Kentucky
- Lawnmower Causes 20 Acre Wildfire Near Hwy 44