HAPPY VALLEY, Calif - The explosives are gone and the final inspection of a piece of property in Happy Valley is complete but authorities still want to know how the explosives got there in the first place.
Now the bomb squad did locate a partially damaged and unexploded hand grenade which needed to be destroyed Tuesday but that was the last dangerous object found at the site.
Even though the situation seems to be over there are some questions that still remain so here is the latest information.
The explosives have been there since the 50s and 60s and as of Tuesday, there is still an investigation into who put them there and why.
The other question is the link to another incident on Hyatt Drive near Buckeye School of the Arts where a package of C-4 was found.
The link between them is a robbery that led investigators to the Happy Valley residence where those explosives were found and here is what deputies were saying about the Feb. 27 incident when the explosives were discovered.
Deputies are also referring our questions to Redding police about the Hyatt Drive case.
Action News Now Spencer Joseph did speak to Redding police about that subject and unfortunately, they had no comment at this time due to the active investigation but they assured him that they will release that information when they are able too.
- Happy Valley situation wraps up, but questions still remain
- Danger in Happy Valley remains
- High speed pursuit ends in Happy Valley
- LATEST: Remainder of explosives detonated in Happy Valley
- Red Cross sets up evacuation center after explosives found in Happy Valley home
- Shasta County Sheriff's come up with plan to deal with explosives found at Happy Valley home
- Locals Feast on All Things Strawberry at the 'Happy Valley Strawberry Festival'
- CONTAINED: Palm Fire in Happy Valley Contained and Roads Are Open
- Wildland Fire Contained Near Happy Valley off of Canyon Rd. in Shasta Co.