UPDATE 3:15 p.m. Thursday July 19, 2018 - According to Caltrans,, all lanes are open, but drivers need to expect long delays. The location of the truck and vegetation fire is 1.5 mi. north of Herbert S. Miles Rest Area.
RED BLUFF, Calif. - A semi truck caught fire, causing temporary southbound lane closure on Interstate 5.
The fire appears to be contained, and at least one lane is open for thru traffic at this time (12:53 p.m. Thursday).
- ALL LANES OPEN on Hwy 5 Near Red Bluff After Truck and Vegetation Fire
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Ross will be opening in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Recovering After Stoll Fire
- Mobile Home Catches Fire in Red Bluff
- HWY 99 NOW OPEN: Fatal head on crash near Biggs blocking both lanes of Hwy 99
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Fire Crews Battle Structure, Vegetation Fire