On 02/12/2018 deputies were conducting foot patrols in the downtown area of Garberville. While patrolling the area of the Johnston Quality Motel, 839 Redwood Drive, deputies observed suspicious activity and contacted Raymond Joseph Smith 29 years old.
Deputies learned that Smith is a registered sex offender who failed to register in Humboldt County. It was also discovered that Smith currently has a felony warrant out of Mendocino County for probation violation.
Upon searching Smith’s person incident to arrest, deputies located suspected methamphetamine packaged for sales. Smith was also in possession of marijuana, concentrated cannabis, and hypodermic needles.
Smith was subsequently transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility and booked on the following charges:
• Violation of Sex Registration Requirements - PC 290.011
• Possession of Controlled Substance for Sales – H&S 11378
• Possession of Concentrated Cannabis – H&S 11357
• Mendocino County Warrant
Anyone with information for the Sheriff’s Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Oroville
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Orland woman arrested for narcotics possession
- Sheriff: Major narcotics network busted, seven arrested
- Redding NPU arrests sex offender for probation violation
- Lawmakers Considering Chemical Castration For Sex Offenders
- Sex Offender Compliance Check Reveals Multiple Registered Sex Offenders Not Following Law
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop