SHASTA COUNTY, Calif.—Be aware of road work if you drive on Interstate 5 north of Redding.
Caltrans will soon be working on a reconstruction project between Mount Shasta and Dunsmuir.
You can see on the project map that it starts on Lassen Lane in Mount Shasta and ends in central Dunsmuir.
Crews are expected to repair the southbound lanes of the freeway as well as the shoulders with reinforced concrete.
The project will also include a bridge widening on Mott Road.
Drivers should expect delays on the southbound and northbound lanes.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- I-5 Road Work in Northern Shasta County
- UPDATE: NOW OPEN I-5 at Fawndale Road
- UPDATE: Vehicle screening at Fawndale Road NB I-5
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Winter weather creates dangerous road conditions in Shasta County
- Northern White Rhino Dies
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays
- Victims of fatal I-5 crash in Yolo County identified