ANDERSON, Calif. - A traffic stop on Tuesday led to the discovery of a man in possession of methamphetamine and cocaine after K-9 “Aero” sniffed the drugs, said the Anderson Police Department.
According to Anderson police, officers pulled over Vicente Medina, 32, of Delhi for a traffic violation.
Police say Medina was speaking to an officer about travel plans that didn’t quite make sense and that’s when “Aero” went outside near the car and found a drug odor.
“Aero” found 2.5 pounds of methamphetamine and 16 grams of cocaine at the vehicle’s floorboard, according to Anderson police.
Medina was arrested and booked into Shasta County Jail for charges of possession and transportation of methamphetamine and cocaine for sales.
The case was turned over to the Shasta County Inter-Agency Narcotics Task Force for further investigation.
- K-9 ‘Aero’ Helps Capture Drug Suspect
- Wanted Suspect from Oregon Caught by K-9 Aero
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- K-9 Jax apprehends sexual assault suspect in Redding
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- Impressive K-9 from Anderson Police
- K-9s get paws-on training
- SUSPECT IN REDDING GAS STATION ROBBERY CAPTURED IN COLORADO
- Update: Wanted suspect from Oroville captured by Marysville police