LIVE OAK, Calif - Taking no chances, Luther Elementary School in Live Oak went on lockdown at 11:30 a.m. Friday after staff members heard gunshots.
This is video sent from a viewer showing Sutter County Sheriff's deputies responding to the lockdown.
Luckily there was no real threat to the school but teachers did not want to take any chances.
So students were told to stay inside the school for about an hour.
Deputies arrived two minutes after the 911 call, but they found no trace of a shooting.
The Superintendent of Live Oak Unified School District, Mathew Gulbrandsen, says they take these situations seriously and take precautions to ensure the children's safety.
- Live Oak school goes on lockdown after staff hears gunshots
- Lockdown lifted at Corning school after gunshots heard near campus
- Authorities say Rancho Tehama school staff saved lives in quick lockdown
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- 1,000 Care Kits Distributed for First Responders in Live Oak
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- Oak Bridge Academy Accepting Applications for 2018-2019 School Year
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified