LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles police officers responding to a report of a woman screaming ended up delivering a baby.
The officers were sent to a Main Street apartment building Monday afternoon and found the woman on the fifth floor. Her water had already broken.
Nineteen-year Officer Clinton Popham, six-month Officer Francisco Muro and four other officers jumped into action, first having to convince the woman to lie down.
Popham tells KABC-TV he coached the woman to push, which she did, and the baby came straight out.
Neighbors brought blankets and the baby girl was wrapped up and brought to her mother before being taken to the hospital.
- Los Angeles police officers deliver baby
- Los Angeles Zoo puts baby okapi on display
- Dog fatally mauls baby in Los Angeles home
- Los Angeles police arrest man after fatal music studio fire
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Harvey Weinstein statement art in Los Angeles
- 911 dispatcher helps woman deliver baby at 'Chipotle'
- Los Angeles Zoo euthanizes entire herd of threatened goats
- Los Angeles won't join California's legal pot party Jan. 1