OROVILLE, Calif. - A Butte County man was found guilty of nine counts of arson Thursday morning.
Thirty-six-year-old Gary Allen Noel was sentenced to 19 years and eight months in prison for setting multiple fires in the Oroville area.
Noel set fires along Highway 70, on Table Mountain, Forbestown Road, among other locations over the course of several years.
Each fire burned less than an acre except for the Table Fire, which charred nearly nine acres.
Noel was caught thanks to a tracker authorities placed on his vehicle.
During surveillance, authorities tracked his vehicle and put out the fires he left behind.
- Man Found Guilty of Setting Fires near Oroville
- Roseville Man Found Dead at Lake Oroville
- UPDATE: Oroville woman found safe
- Oroville Train Trestle set to get Repairs
- Fire Recovery meeting in Oroville
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Body found in irrigation ditch in Oroville
- Shasta County man found guilty of child pornography offenses
- Oroville Man Arrested for Starting Fire in Living Room
- Oroville man pleads not guilty to DUI for fatal Hwy 70 collision