The Tehama County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the man fatally shot in an officer involved shooting near Shasta College in Red Bluff Wednesday.
The man was identified as 34-year-old Los Molinos resident Abraham Noe Flores.
Sheriff's officials say Flores reportedly made suicidal threats and then pointed a rifle at officers.
That's when a sergeant fired two rounds at Flores, hitting and killing him.
It happened near the Old Diamond Mill off Diamond Avenue about three quarters of a mile south of Shasta College.
Tehama County assistant sheriff Phil Johnston said in a press release Thursday that Flores had had contact with law enforcement on several occasions prior to the shooting.
He also had a history of mental illness.
Flores' girlfriend alerted law enforcement that he was suicidal.
No word yet on what may have led up to the shooting.
Action News Now reached out to the Tehama County Sheriff's Department and District Attorney's Office for details on Flores' criminal history but have not heard back.
According to online records, Flores was arrested by Red Bluff police in 2007 on charges of battery and obstructing a telephone line at a Gas-4-Less convenience store
- Man Identified in Deadly Officer Involved Shooting
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Sheriff's ID Man in Redding Officer Involved Shooting
- Placer Co. Sheriff: Chico man Involved in Pursuit, Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting
- 1 dog killed 1 injured after an officer-involved shooting
- Second dog dies from injuries following officer-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting with Redding Police
- Redding officer involved shooting: Here's what we know
- San Francisco Fatal Officer Involved Shooting Bodycam Footage
- Officer Involved Shooting Leaves one Dead in Oroville