Police have arrested a man for breaking into a sporting goods store in Redding.
Redding Police say they responded to a burglar alarm at around 1:28 a.m. Wednesday at the Sportsman's Warehouse on Hilltop Drive. They say they found the alarm was set off by a person exiting one of the exterior doors.
Officer with Redding Police and The California Highway Patrol checked the roof of the building with a helicopter, and the inside of the building with a K9. They discovered the suspect had forced entry through the roof of the business, but had left by the time they arrived.
Police say Officer Joseph Labbe was checking the area across the street from the business when he saw a suspicious subject in the area of Canby Road and Dusty Lane. The lone male subject was wearing soaking wet pants, which indicated he may have crossed the drainage ditch between Sportsman's Warehouse and Canby Road, or perhaps fled through wet vegetation. The nervous man was identified as Daniel Francis Burger, age 30, of Redding.
Burger is on formal felony probation in Shasta County. He was searched pursuant to the conditions of his probation. Several items of stolen property from Sportsman's Warehouse were located in a backpack he was wearing. Additionally, surveillance footage from Sportsman's Warehouse indicates he was wearing the same shoes and backpack as the suspect caught on camera inside the business. His face was covered while he was committing the burglary.
Burger was booked at Shasta County Jail for commercial burglary, possession of stolen property, and a felony violation of his probation terms.
- Man arrested for breaking into Sportsman's Warehouse in Redding
- Redding Warehouse Fire
- Woman and dog escape warehouse fire in Redding
- Two Arrested for Break-in at Redding Church
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- One man arrested after homicide in Redding
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury