Connor Guzman 23 years old from Granite Bay was sentenced to prison for the rape of a heavily intoxicated victim in Butte County in 2015.
Back in 2015 Guzman went to a Super Bowl party in Chico.
According to witnesses he drank hard liquor with a female at the party until five in the morning.
Witnesses say that the female who was obviously intoxicated went to bed at 5 a.m. with her clothes on.
A friend reported checking on her 45 minutes later and she was breathing but did not wake up.
Guzman then offered to stay with her to monitor her.
The friend attempted to check on her 15 minutes later but found the door locked.
Around 10 a.m. Guzman exited the female’s room bragging that he had sex with her.
The victim denied having sex with him, and woke up with no clothes on below the waist.
Guzman was interviewed by police with his lawyer present and admitted to having sex with the female saying she consented.
During the investigation witnesses stated it was clear the victim was so intoxicated that she could not give consent.
The investigation included a rape kit which was examined by California Department of Justice DNA laboratory who confirmed the biological samples taken from the victim the morning of the assault matched Guzman.
Guzman was charged with the rape in January of 2016 and pre-trial proceedings continued until his plea in January 2017. Guzman still faces felony pimping charges in Placer County Superior Court for the Roseville pimping incident.
Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey said, “Sex with someone who is too intoxicated to consent is rape. This defendant took advantage of a victim who thought she was safe in her own home in her own bed. This kind of despicable behavior will not be tolerated in this community.”
- Man sentenced to prison for rape of an intoxicated victim
- Yuba County man sentenced to 2 years in prison
- Hit & Run Suspect Convicted of Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated
- Judge in Stanford rape case faces recall over sentencing
- 3 prison officers sentenced to 15 years in inmate's death
- Ex-Navy SEAL sentenced to 27 years in prison
- Child Killer Gonzalo Curiel Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Elk Grove man sentenced to 20 years in prison for $1m adult-adoption immigration fraud scheme
- Corning Man Sentenced to 38 Years to Life in Prison for Molestation
- Tehama County Man Sentenced to State Prison for Trying to Kill his Father