CHICO, Calif - Kids in Chico will now have easier and faster access to affordable healthcare.
Northern Valley Indian Health held a grand opening celebration on Friday morning at their new location on Springfield Drive in Chico.
The new facility is an expanded state of the art full scope clinic that serves kids from infancy to 18 years old.
The CEO says the need for health care is at an all-time high.
“There’s a huge need and we continue to grow, we were actually not accepting new patients at our previous facility so here we'll be able to take on new patients,” said Inder Wadhwa, CEO of Northern Valley Indian Health.
The new clinic will mean 15 new jobs once it's fully staffed they accept medical and Medicare so their services are especially important to many lower-income families.
Assemblyman Jim Gallagher and Chico city leaders spoke in support of the new facility.
- New and larger facility for children's health care
- 3 major companies announce new health care company
- Dignity Health Redding Health Expo
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Work Began on New Calfire Administration Facility
- Dignity Health announces merger with Colorado-based Catholic Health Initiatives
- '5K Walk and Run' Shows Light of Hospice Care
- DUI crash leaves 6 injured, including children
- Santa Breakfast benefits children with Autism