CHICO, Calif - Kids in Chico will now have easier and faster access to affordable healthcare.
Northern Valley Indian Health held a grand opening celebration on Friday morning at their new location on Springfield Drive in Chico.
The new facility is an expanded state of the art full scope clinic that serves kids from infancy to 18 years old.
The CEO says the need for health care is at an all-time high.
“There’s a huge need and we continue to grow, we were actually not accepting new patients at our previous facility so here we'll be able to take on new patients,” said Inder Wadhwa, CEO of Northern Valley Indian Health.
The new clinic will mean 15 new jobs once it's fully staffed they accept medical and Medicare so their services are especially important to many lower-income families.
Assemblyman Jim Gallagher and Chico city leaders spoke in support of the new facility.
- New and larger facility for children's health care
- Shasta County Creates New Mental Health Facility
- 3 major companies announce new health care company
- Dignity Health Redding Health Expo
- Christmas in July Toy Run to benefit Children in Foster Care
- Interview with Chief of Public Affairs for VA Northern CA Health Care System
- Yuba County Settles Lawsuit to Improve Mental Health Care in Jail
- Yuba City facilities holiday closure schedule
- Work Began on New Calfire Administration Facility
- Chico Facilities Regulate Use of 3D Printers