UPDATE 12:12 p.m. Friday, August 10, 2018 - A procession will take place today at 2 p.m. for Andrew Brake, the Cal Fire mechanic killed in a traffic accident on August 9.
The procession will start at Tehama County Sheriff's Office (located at 22840 Antelope Blvd, Red Bluff) and will end at the Newton-Bracewell Funeral Home (located at 680 Camellia Way, Chico).
Cal Fire is asking anyone who wants to view the procession to be safe and line the streets in either Red Bluff or Chico. Please remain off Highway 99.
UPDATE 10:50 a.m. Thursday, August 9, 2018 - According to Red Bluff CHP, Brake was driving northbound on Highway 99 when his truck veered off of the road at a curve.
Authorities say his car hit a tree and went up in flames.
The incident occurred around 12:15 a.m., just south of Tehama Vina Road, near Los Molinos. Brake was pronounced dead on scene.
UPDATE 10:38 a.m. Thursday, August 9, 2018 - The Tehama County Coroner's Office has identified the man killed in the crash as Andrew Brake, 40, of Chico.
TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire released a statement this morning reporting the death of a CAL FIRE Heavy Equipment Mechanic from the Butte Unit assigned to the Carr Fire.
He was killed early this morning as a result of a traffic accident on Highway 99 in Tehama County.
It is unknown at this time whether this accident was directly related to the Carr Fire.
Stay tuned for more updates. This is a developing story.
- Procession Will be Held for Cal Fire Mechanic Killed in Traffic Accident
- North State Firefighters Honor Fallen Cal Fire Mechanic
- Loved Ones Remember Fallen Cal Fire Mechanic, Andrew Brake
- Cal Fire
- Cal Fire Urges Wildfire Preparedness
- CAL FIRE: Fire safety tips for Thanksgiving
- CAL FIRE responds to Richardson Fire
- Cal Fire Working to Detect Lighting Fires
- Cal Fire: 1-Acre Fire at Stirling City
- Accident involving school bus stops traffic