Butte County, Calif.—Tuesday’s election is going to cost tax-payers up to $800,000 and as of right now, voter turnout is expected to be low. Butte County Registrar of Voters Candace Grubbs said she hopes that that won't be the case.
"Our precinct officers are trained, they don't want to be sitting out there all day, so go visit them and vote," said Grubbs.
The past few days poll workers have been training and preparing for tomorrow's election. However, interest isn't looking too high.
Grubbs said that of the 84,000 ballots that were sent out by mail, only 28,000 were returned.
"The rest of you guys, get them in the mail or drop them off at any polling place tomorrow," she said.
The governor's race has 16 candidates, and up for grabs is also U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein's seat. She is up for re-election again, running against 31 other candidates.
While some say having more options on the ballot is good for voters, Grubbs said that's not necessarily the case.
"The fact that we've got so many candidates for state offices, I think people look at that and get a little overwhelmed," she said.
On the state level there are also five state-wide ballot measures that voters will decide on.
Locally, two Butte County supervisor seats are up for grabs, as well as assessor, auditor-controller and more.
In Shasta County, there's the highly anticipated sheriff's race after department veteran John Green stepped up to challenge current sheriff Tom Bosenko, the first time he's being challenged in nearly a decade.
Grubbs said the clerk's office has done their work, now it's up to voters to go to the polls tomorrow.
"I think that if you want your candidate to move forward to the election in November, you have to get out and vote," Grubbs said.
Polls open tomorrow at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. To find your polling place, you can go to www.Buttevotes.Net.
- Preparations Underway for Primary Elections
- California Primary Election Results
- Preparations Underway for Youth Fishing Event
- California June 5th Primary Election Links
- State Ballot Measure Results - California Primary Elections
- Butte & Glenn County Primary Election Results
- Dead Republican Candidate Wins Iowa Primary Election
- Official Butte County Primary Election Results
- June Primary Election 2018: What You Should Know
- Butte County Looking for Poll Workers for the Primary Election