At the Silver Dollar Speedway, a Fourth of July fireworks show is on tap as part of a sprint car racing program.
The pyro technics crew was busy all day Wednesday putting the production together. A lot of the work involves prepping and loading over 400 mortars with shells that will produce the light show. And while they promise an exciting fireworks display, at the same time they'll rein it in to make sure the show is safe for everyone to see.
"Because of the confines of the speedway here we're limited to three inch shells, that's because of the proximity we have to some homes to the north of us here, but it still will be very bright and very active," said Rick Proschold, a pyro technic operator for J & M Displays. Proschold added, despite using restraint they'll be launching fireworks shells 300 to 400 feet into the air.
The fireworks show is expected to run for 20 minutes. It will immediatley follow the racing, sometime between 9:30 - 10 pm.
- Preparations for Fourth of July Fireworks Show at Silver Dollar Speedway
- Fourth of July Holiday Travel
- CHP Fourth of July Enforcement
- Fourth of July at Whiskeytown
- Silver Dollar Fair Opens On Thursday
- Fourth of July Concerts Planned for Oroville
- Fourth of July Pancakes Breakfast & 5K
- Fourth of July Terrorist Plot Thwarted in Ohio
- 50th Fourth of July Parade at Los Molinos
- SEE LIST: Fireworks Shows Wednesday Night in the North State