WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is going down to the wire as he makes his choice on a replacement for retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. But he says with his final four options "you can't go wrong."
Trump spoke to reporters Sunday afternoon as he concluded a weekend in New Jersey spent deliberating his decision at his private golf club. Trump insisted he still hadn't locked down his decision, which he wants to keep under wraps until a 9 p.m. Monday announcement from the White House.
While Trump didn't name the four, top contenders for the role have included federal appeals judges Brett Kavanaugh, Raymond Kethledge, Amy Coney Barrett and Thomas Hardiman.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Trump Interviews Potential SCOTUS Nominees
- President Trump Has 4 Potential SCOTUS Nominees
- Potential for record breaking heat continues
- Heavy rain and potential for thunderstorms today
- GOP nominee denies inappropriate sexual conduct with minors
- President Trump discounts accusations against Roy Moore
- Big labor sees growth potential in California pot workers
- Butte County Public Works preps for potential flooding from storms
- Severe heat and potential thunderstorms are ahead for Northern California