We saw more RECORD TEMPERATURES across the North State for our Sunday. Redding hit 81° which shatters the 75° back in 2011 by a good margin. Red Bluff (79°) and Paradise (80°) also set new record Maximum Temperatures. It looks like we could set a few more records for Monday and possibly a few more days this week, but we're tracking nothing but 60/70° weather all week!
Breezy North have been helping to boost temperatures as they provide a warming effect for the Valley/Foothills. The strong HIGH PRESSURE is responsible for keeping the dry and warm air over the entire region. Early February normal temperatures for the Valley should be right around 55-58° but instead we've been 15-20° warmer than that. Overnight temperatures also haven't been as chilly. We've only dropped into the 40s and 50s for the past few nights.
We could possibly see the HIGH FIRE DANGER return to the forecast. DRY, WARM and WINDY weather is the perfect combination for fire activity, plus we haven't seen much rain this Winter.
This HIGH PRESSURE system will continue to push all of the wet weather to our North, and keep us very WARM. Look for a lot more of the sunshine and Spring weather throughout the week. Can't argue with being able to get out on the golfcourse Monday through Sunday!
- Record Temperatures for February
- North State experiences higher-than-normal temperatures for February
- Temperatures Warming Up, Up, Up
- Cooler temperatures & more thunderstorms ahead
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Freezing temperatures & mountain snow showers today
- Triple Digit Temperature Across Valley This Week
- Triple Digit Temperature Creep Into the Week
- Not feeling like February at all
- Viewer Weather Photos, February 22-23, 2018