REDDING, Calif.—Community members and business leaders in Redding gathered Friday to raise money for a good and have a little fun doing it.
Dozens of golfers gave it their best at Riverview Golf and Country Club for the Charles Candelaria Memorial Golf Tournament.
The golf tournament was put on in conjunction with the Shasta Builders Exchange.
This is the first year the two have teamed up for the fundraising event.
And organizers say the event was a huge success.
“We brought in Charles Candelaria Memorial Foundation that is focused on trade training," Shasta Building Exchange director Joe Chimenti said. "That's really in support of the skilled trades which we think is so needed in our community.”
Brenda Candelaria from the Charles Candelaria Memorial Foundation said, “This is great, this is wonderful for us. I'm going to be able to make probably twice as much maybe three times as much money towards scholarships this year.”
Candelaria said the event was so successful they sold out almost immediately and even had to add on another team to meet the demand.
All of the money raised will go to provide scholarships for students wanting to learn a trade.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Redding Foundation holds Golf Tournament to Provide Scholarships
- North Valley Health Education Foundation accepting scholarship applications
- Scholarships for Future Teachers
- PG&E offering more than 200 college scholarships
- Book Signing Benefit for Local Scholarships
- Haven Human Awarded Rachel Ray Foundation Grant
- Check Presented to "Wings of Passion" Foundation
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Community Yard Sale is a Benefit for Scholarships