REDDING, Calif. - A Redding woman police believe stole two vehicles at the end of May has been arrested a second time after she allegedly stole another vehicle along with other items a day after being released from jail.
According to Redding police, on Memorial Day, Sazha Pena, 28, of Redding was pulled over during a traffic stop for a mechanical violation of the car, but officers learned that the car she was driving was stolen from a local business.
Pena admitted to taking the car and leaving another vehicle in its place, officers learned that she stole the first vehicle and later returned it, but ultimately stole another one after.
She was booked into the Shasta County Jail for nearly a week and a half until she was released from jail on Thursday.
On Friday, officers were sent to a home at Calgary Place regarding a house burglary, and the homeowner gave authorities a detailed description of the female suspect as well as her getaway car, a stolen vehicle.
Within an hour, law enforcement found the stolen vehicle, a pickup out of Red Bluff, at Highway 273 and Breslauer, where they performed a traffic stop.
They arrested Pena again at the intersection, where coincidentally the vehicle was recovered in the same area where the pickup was stolen.
Pena was booked into the Shasta County Jail for burglary, possession of stolen property, vehicle theft, felon in possession of ammunition and driving on a suspended license.
- Redding PD: Burglary Suspect Steals 2 Vehicles, Steals Another One After Jail Release
- Second Dog Stealing Suspect Arrested in Redding
- Man with Knife Vandalizes and Steals Vehicle at Pleasant Valley High School: Chico PD
- Chico Police: Suspect steals shoes, fights employees
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Sought in Chico
- CHP: Oroville parolee and wife arrested for stealing vehicles
- Barn burglary suspects allegedly steal tools, caught by Humboldt Co. police
- Man suspected of stealing a vehicle crashes into pole and hides from police
- Redding Police Search for Burglary Suspect
- UPDATE: Redding Police Identified Burglary Suspect