REDDING, Calif.—In the month of June Action News Now has been covering Elder Abuse Awareness Month.
In Redding one outstanding caregiver is recognized by the California Assisted Living Association as Caregiver of the year.
This is Nicole Ellis and the California Assisted Living Association is honoring her as Caregiver of the Year.
Nicole works at Veterans Home of California on Knighton Road in Redding.
Nicole went to the CALA business conference in Sacramento and was showcased on stage and honored for her work she does with veterans.
The California Assisted Living Association organization recognized Ellis for her ability to create a sense of safety and calm for residents living with post-traumatic stress disorder.
They say that her enthusiasm for her work is so contagious her husband is now a volunteer.
Action News Now would like to send a special congratulations to Nicole Ellis for her achievement.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Redding Woman Named California’s Caregiver of the Year
- Passages offers Medicare Open Enrollment Workshops and event for Caregivers
- Gridley Red Suspenders Days Marks 55th Year
- Redding Violent Criminal Sentenced to Nine Years
- California Water Service names new district manager for Chico
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Redding woman confronts burglar inside home
- Redding Woman Dead After Car Hits Tree
- Woman Identified in Fatal Crash in Redding
- Redding Police searching for missing woman