BURNEY, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) found the body of a Laguna Niguel man at Burney Falls Friday night.
According to SCSO, deputies got a call just before 9 p.m. about a man that jumped off the falls and did not resurface.
The dive team had to be called in and they later located the body of Elliot John Miller, 30, of Laguna Niguel.
Authorities have not yet determined the cause of death for Miller.
The investigation is ongoing by the SCSO.
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office Finds Body in Burney Falls
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Sheriff’s searching for Bella Vista burglary suspects
- Shasta County Sheriff warns Public about Phone Scam
- Race for Shasta County Sheriff Enters Final Week
- Shasta County Sheriff Identifies Victims in Double Homicide
- Shasta County Sheriff settles suit over jail conditions
- Sheriff Declares Local Emergency from Shasta County Fires