SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department is investigating a human skeleton found in a suburban backyard.
The department says workers helping renovate a vacant home northeast of downtown Sacramento found some of the bones surfacing from the ground the day after Christmas.
Over the past two days, investigators unearthed an entire human skeleton.
Investigators haven't released the identity of the buried person or the cause of death but they're treating it as a suspicious death.
The area is located within a few blocks of a neighborhood park and an elementary school.
- Sheriff says skeleton found buried in Sacramento backyard
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Backyard Bird Feeders and Valentines
- Remains of missing Army veteran found buried in California
- Buried Alive: Baby Survives Hours In Woods
- Sacramento DA: 'Golden State Killer' Arrested
- Suspected ISIS Soldier Arrested in Sacramento
- Mother and 7 month old baby found floating in the Sacramento River in Redding
- Walmart shooting suspects are from Sacramento, police say